- The School of Justice, Queensland University of Technology (AUSTRALIA)
- QUT Centre for Justice (QUT C4J)
- Queensland Council of Social Services
- Queensland Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology
- Policing Working Group European Society of Criminology
- Asian Criminological Society
As the Director of QUT Centre for justice and a professor in the School of Justice my research is focused on the tensions between governance through the exercise of legitimate authority and governance through the management of everyday freedoms. I pay particular attention to the spatial relations of governance – temporal, geographical, social and virtual – and the role and materiality of human and other than human actors the context of climate injustice.